Emotionally Dysregulated and Impulsive
- Borderline PD Borderline Personality Disorder is characterized by emotional instability, intense interpersonal relationships, and impulsive behaviors.
- Antisocial PD Antisocial Personality Disorder tends to show up in childhood, unlike most other personality disorders that don't appear until adolescence or young adulthood. Symptoms include a disregard for rules and social norms and a lack of empathy for other people.
- Narcissistic PD Narcissistic Personality Disorder is associated with self-centeredness, exaggerated self-image, and lack of empathy for others.
- Histrionic PD Histrionic Personality Disorder features a need to always be the center of attention that often leads to socially inappropriate behavior in order to get attention. People with this disorder may have frequent mood swings as well.
- Binge-Purging Eating Disorders
- Conduct Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Externalizing Disorders
Emotionally Constricted and Risk-Averse
- Obsessive Compulsive PD Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder is characterized by a preoccupation with orderliness, perfection, and control of relationships. It's not the same as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Paranoid PD Paranoid Personality Disorder affects between 1 percent and 2 percent of adults in the U.S. Symptoms include chronic, pervasive distrust of other people; suspicion of being deceived or exploited by others, including friends, family, and partners; angry outbursts in response to deception; and cold, secretive, or jealous behavior.
- Avoidant PD Avoidant Personality Disorder can show up during childhood. It's characterized by a disregard for rules and lack of empathy and remorse.
- Schizoid PD Schizoid Personality Disorder is characterized by social isolation and indifference toward other people. It affects more men than women. People with this relatively rare disorder often are described as cold or withdrawn, rarely have close relationships with other people and may be preoccupied with introspection and fantasy.
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Chronic Depression
- Austism Spectrum Disorders
- Treatment Resistant Anxiety-OCD
- Internalizing Disorders