- Out of the FOG Support Forum - Visit the support forum here at Out of the FOG.
- Psychforums BPD forum - Psychforums Site.
- BPD Recovery - http://www.bpdrecovery.com/ BPDRecovery is a site that focuses on recovering from Borderline Personality Disorder. The Site is run by a recovered Borderline. It is a non-discriminatory website which means that all individuals are welcome - whether you've been formally diagnosed or simply recognize yourself or someone you know in the diagnostic criteria, you are welcome here!
- Anything to Stop The Pain - information site, blog and support board for Non-Borderlines, with a particular emphasis on supporting people who have children with BPD and people in a committed relationship with a person who suffers from BPD.
- http://bpdcentral.com/support/email.shtml The Welcome to Oz Online Community for Family Members with a Borderline Loved One.
- http://borderlinepersonality.ca/board BPD Support Site run by BPD Author A. J. Mahari.
- http://www.bpdcentral.com/ - An information and support site about BPD run by Randi Kreger, co-author of "Stop Walking on Eggshells"
- http://www.bpdfamily.com/ - Support Site for the family and relationship partners of individuals with BPD.
What is DBT?
DBT means Dialectical Behavior Therapy, which could also be referred to as becoming more open minded. A dialectic is a dialogue between opposites. Dialectical therapy seeks the ability to tolerate opposites and to see truth in more than one perspective. DBT is an offshoot of CBT, or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This branch of psychology is aimed at helping you understand your thinking and behavior choices so they are more effective for your life and happiness.
|Mindfulness is balancing emotion mind and wise mind.||Distress Tolerance is when you have a problem you cannot solve, but you don't want to make it worse.||Emotion Regulation is having less negative emotions and vulnerability, and more positive emotional experiences.||Interpersonal Effectiveness is asking for what you want and saying no effectively.|